Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines

I turn over to see the alarm clock flashing 7:34... is it morning already? I lay in bed and hear the sounds from the wake world. A child wanting, a baby crying and a husband trying to keep it all under control. I remove myself from my comfy bed, thinking one day my baby will sleep. I open the door to my world and pour myself a cup of coffee and take it all in. Good morning Mom, you have a good sleep? I lie to my son, and say yes. He hands me his heart with a hug. I tell them both that once breakfast is done, there are Valentines surprises for each. Breakfast was gone in seconds. I start with the basket of chocolate, then the presents.... a toy Thomas choo choo for Nate and of course a Spiderman Video game for Mr. Zack. My husband and I sit together watching them squeal and smile. His hand on my back, makes me feel like I am complete. We had already exchanged gifts days before, as we are not good at keeping secrets from each other :)

It is Dinner time now and we are dressed for a night out with each other and friends. As I sit around this fancy table, with fancy drinks, and fancy food... I am blessed. How lucky am I to be in this life, with this man and my boys. He kisses me when we arrive home and I feel how much he loves me and I love him.







No comments:

Post a Comment