Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Does my butt look big?

This age old question will forever haunt men... although my husband took it to another level! I haven't been able to write about this incident, due to the fact that I am still self conscious and wounded. On an evening planned out, I was dressed and ready to head out the door with my family.... when I hear his voice, "You are wearing those jeans?" A pair of jeans that I have been wearing regularly for the past 3 months.. I replay "yes, why?"  he responds with "Well where are the jeans you wore today at Wal-Mart?" Me " Dirty and in the laundry, again why?" Him "I am not a fan of the ones you are wearing." Me "Why do they make my butt look big?" Silence...... and more silence... "well" he says "yes".... In shock and near tears, I responded with "why would you tell me now, as we are heading out the door?" his response knowing now the severity of the conversation answered "I didn't mean that your butt actually is big, it is the skinny jeans that make it look larger then it is" NOT helping himself, I was now in tears. Not able to fix the situation I headed out in my big butt jeans. I don't think I moved much from our friends sofa that night. When we came home, still hurt, and a hubby knowing not how to fix it with anything other then money and a shopping spree, I took the jeans off and hung them NEVER TO BE WORN AGAIN!!! The next evening I was in the mall shopping for a new pair of jeans to make my butt look smaller, and an exercise program to help! I can laugh most of it off now, but still I am thinking has my butt gotten bigger after two kids and 30 years... probably.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment